Don’t Worry, I’ve got it!
Things don’t always happen the way we want, planned nor expected, and this thought gets most of us worried! We worry when things are out of our control, but we were never meant to be in control anyway. Only God is.
Toddlers don’t worry about anything yet most of them get whatever they need each day; it seems the more grownup we are the more the things there are to worry about. Isn’t interesting that ninety percent of our worries are money-related? Those with money worry about how to protect their money, those who are poor worry about the lack of things money can buy!
What are we worrying about? A word, worry (verb) is defined as; feel or cause to feel anxious or troubled about potential problems.
‘Potential’ means something that hasn’t happened as yet! So, this means we get troubled today about something we think might (not necessarily guaranteed to) happen in the future.
Here are some of reasons why worrying is useless:
– most of what we worry about don’t end up happening
– worrying reduces and even destroys our happiness today and now
– we worry because we are afraid, and fear is the opposite of faith… the more faith in God you have, the less worrying you do.
So, ask yourself these questions when tempted to worry;
– How is worrying helping me?
– What can I do to mitigate the risk of destruction or hurt if ‘what am worrying about’ happens?
– what is the worst that could happen?
– Why do I choose to be unhappy and troubled today for something that might not happen?
– Do I believe God would not be able to take me though this, like many other things He pulled me though in the past?
Remember: the quality of life is dependent on the quality of questions we ask! Stop trying to be in control. Many things are beyond our control and worrying about them is useless.
Check these verses
Luke 12:25 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?
Matthew 6:34 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
Matthew 6:25-27 “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?
Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.“
The message God wants me to tell you today is this; ‘Don’t worry, I have got it!’