Like a butterfly
A butterfly is beautiful with its colorful wings and most of us like it. However it had to transform and struggle before it emerged from the cocoon and show its colorful wings. Cocoon is defined as a protective case of silk or similar fibrous material spun by the larvae of moths and certain other insects as a cover for the pupa.
Am reminded of a butterfly story which goes like this; there was a butterfly trying to emerge from its cocoon and someone noticing its struggle decided to help or at least accelerate its emergence by helping cut the cocoon. After breaking the cocoon he waited with excitement to see the butterfly spread its wings and fly to the sky, but it didn’t. This butterfly spent the rest of its very short life ‘ground bound’ and never to fly. This happened mostly because someone decided to help it and free it from its cocoon.
There are few lessons I want us to take out of this butterfly story, namely;
1. It is ok to struggle and go through trials sometimes:
It was vital that the butterfly beats its wings against the cocoon until the cocoon breaks. This may look as a struggle to the onlooker, but it was a necessary training the butterfly cannot do without. It was necessary for the butterfly to ‘struggle’ before breaking free, as much as it is sometimes important for you and me to go through tough times, trials and training before success.
– Tough times helps us discover more about ourselves and reveal abilities we never though we had, God-given abilities and His ability to carry us through difficulty.
– Trials come before testimonies, and all things work together for good to those like you and me.
2. You have to do the work yourself;
The person who helped the butterfly break out and emerge from the cocoon was not doing it a favor, as much as the culture of social security and government handouts dependence is not helping us in a long run.
Don’t despise hardships you are going through right now and today nor having to work for want you want, as these are preparing you and building your character necessary to being the best you are meant to be in the future. Keep on doing the work and trying to be better than you were yesterday, even in difficult times, you owe it to yourself.
3. Your Creator doesn’t need help;
It turned out that the ‘help’ the butterfly received was a big mistake that kept the butterfly grounded for life. It is not the creator’s original plan for the butterfly to be ground bound and not able to fly, as much as is it not God’s plan for you to lack food and shelter, to live in poverty, to have diseases. We are created to be successful and prosperous in every area of our lives, and glorify God for it.
4. Timing is very important, as nature had intended;
– even though it seemed like the butterfly was struggling to break free, it could and should break free and emerge from the cocoon when the time is right, as nature intended. Some things cannot be rushed, we have got to wait them out, until the right time. It doesn’t matter how long you have been waiting for your breakthroughs, for answers to your prayers, for your promotion, your child, your husband etc, what matter is God’s intention over your life and his perfect timing.
What is a ‘cocoon’ you are in and wanna emerge from right now?
A butterfly can transform and breakthrough the cocoon, you also can breakthrough your struggles, your hardships, poverty and fly high for people to marvel at your greatness and at your loving God who made it all possible. Fly like a butterfly…
Check this video..